Monday, January 22, 2007

A Week Off

I took last week off due to weather and general apathy about working out. I thought about it several times but never really felt an overwhelming desire to sweat out the toxins that I was ingesting. That urge returned today and I had a great spin class over lunch.

I spent most of the class doing my own thing as I was not real in tune with the workout that the instructor was giving us and I really wanted to focus on time trial specific work, so I did. I did a ladder in an aero position: 5 min, 4 min, 3 min, 2 min, 1 min, increasing the resistance with each set yet maintaining (or trying to) the same cadence of 85+ rpm.

The last set was a 13 min aero session followed by a brief cool down and some stretching.

I am considering a return trip on the way home to lift a little. Tomorrow will consist of some type of run. I am also going to start doing a yoga class 1x/week to stretch out my body a little. I am in desparate need of some flexibility, so hopefully this will help.

Ryan was working on counting today. When I picked him up from school he told me that he had 2 eyes. Pretty exciting stuff as he has not shown the concept of counting much before. Cool!

That's all for now.
G-

No comments: