Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's been awhile...

Okay, so it's been awhile since I've written anything but life has been travelling along at a pretty brisk pace, so time has been a premium. I don't have much structure today as far as writing goes so this may be another series of random thoughts. Just thought I would forewarn anyone who's looking...

It's Super Bowl weekend! As a Patriots/Cowboys fan, I don't have a dog in this hunt so the only real significance for me is that I get to smoke a briskit and drink more beer this weekend. That, in and of itself, makes it a good weekend! I'm looking forward to it.

Aidan has little league tryouts on Saturday. We are going to the cages Friday night and I hope to get some work in catching as well. He was a catcher for a good part of last year and wants to do that again this year, along with playing in the field. This should be a good year for him and I hope for him to get a lot of experience.

It sounds like Miyo might have to work again this weekend, which would suck. She worked both days last weekend and it proved to be pretty stressful for both of us. Here's to hoping that we can have a normal weekend.

Training is in full swing and I am working on increasing aerobic capacity. I am trying to increase speed through leg turnover at the same time, doing some extended "sprints" on the treadmill once a week and trying to get some work in on the track along with a weekly long run. It's a pretty challenging schedule but so far it seems to be working.

Hiro has been having some gut issues lately. I need to talk to my uncle about moving some $ around so that we can get him to a good clinic and look into some of his issues. I think that it's related to his autism but can't be sure. I look at pictures of him from just 2 years ago and he has put on too much weight. I can't help but think that it has to do with food allergies and that we need to restrict his diet. The same goes for Ryan. The amount of weight that he is carrying can't be healthy.

More on that later. Gotta get back to work...
G-

No comments: