Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Back to the Grind, or something like it...

Wow! It's been 2 weeks since I've written anything new for no one to read. (If you are reading this, sorry. I didn't mean to offend but I think that this is for my own entertainment as much as anything else.) Christmas is over and, for that, I am thankful. I like Christmas but it can be stressful. Both my family and Miyo's are here in Austin, so we usually spend the day running all over the place to make sure that we see everyone. By the time we get back home I am worn out.

But, as usual, we lived through it. Seem to every year. It's good when it's over but busy while it's going on.

The boys all had a great Christmas. We missed the older boys as they went to Virginia to visit their grandparents but they had a great time there. All the cousins were going to be there and their uncle was back from the Middle East, so it was important for them to be there. They see that side of the family rarely, so we try to make sure that they get there as much as possible.

I went back to the gym today, after a 3-day hiatus. Did a 50-minute spin class followed immediately by 30 minutes on the Precor. I know, it's not the same as running but I'm trying to minimize the high impact stuff until closer to the season. It was a good brick. I'll run tomorrow, I think. I try to run once a week, at least 5K, just to make sure that I stay in running shape. I can build cardio base on the Precor/Eliptical but it's not the same as running. Anyway, the workout was good and I was happy to be back in there, sweating out all the bad toxins that I have been putting into my body over the weekend. It's kind of cathartic. (Did I spell that right?)

I am looking forward to the coming year and the fresh start that it brings. Miyo and I have grown so much closer this year and I believe that the coming year will bring more of the same. This year was filled with many highs and lows but is ending on a good note, personally. I am blessed to have such a wonderful wife and family! That might sound sappy but it's true!

That's all for now. I'll post some later about the "exciting" Friday and the meeting that the right front of my car had with a Ford F-150. Here's a hint: My car lost...

Later!

No comments: