Thursday, January 04, 2007

Today's Workout

Today's workout was a pool swim:
* - 250 w/u
Main Set:
Ladder - 500, 400 (w/paddles), 300, 200 (w/paddles). 30 sec rest between sets.
Sprint - 4x25. 30 sec rest between sprints
* - 250 c/d

Total - 2000, ~40 minutes

Good workout. I tried to keep the pace above race pace and put some accelerations in the middle of the sets when I felt like it. I didn't push too hard as this is a building phase for me but want to gain some speed without really focusing on speed and the intensity that speed work entails.

I like these shorter workouts as the base building phase continues. It helps to build endurance but has short enough pulls that you can get the heart rate up and still recover quickly for the next set.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming season and hope that it's successful! I'll try to keep putting up the workout notes as much as I can.

Good Luck and Happy Training!

No comments: