Friday, December 09, 2005

What's in a title?

I don't have a title for this, just some assorted, semi-coherent thoughts and observations.

We had an ice storm over the past couple of days that crippled Central TX. Not a true ice storm by northern standards but enough ice to make people freak out and drive more stupid than normal and run into as many different items as possible in one instance. I saw more people mashing on brakes and locking up their wheels when sliding across ice than I care to remember. It's actually quite comical, in a weird sort of way, to see the look on people's faces when they are sliding out of control and can't figure out why their cars are not acting as expected, yet they are stomping on the brakes to stop. I'm thankful that I did not have that experience; I'd rather be a spectator than a participant in this one.

I am starting a new work out next week and I am pretty excited about it. I will be focusing more on strength specific training and building cardio endurance through this path along with 3x/week of low impact, high intensity cardio work as I begin to enhance the base building that I have been doing for the upcoming season. I really want to have a strong year this year and build on the successful season that I am coming off of. I had 1 1st and 2 2nd's this year along with several top 10 finishes in bigger races. Add that to the fact that I beat the 'hairy man' (it's a long story) and I had the best year that I have ever had! Here's to a great '06 season!

This weekend the wife and I are going to Houston for my work Christmas party. I am really looking forward to the time without the children! I just finished ordering a fruit and cheese basket and a bottle of wine to be delivered to the room and waiting for us when we check in. I hope this has the desired effect! I tried to get a Jacuzzi suite but they don't have any at the Hilton downtown, so we'll have to make due without. Oh, well!

As I'm sitting here listening to The Cure, it reminds me of times I spent in Virginia Beach back in the day. Good Times! Many stories to tell that I may put down at a later date. If the mood strikes me...

I'm flaming out, so I'll cut this off. I'm out!

No comments: